- uk at Glance
- Why uk
- Education System
- University & Colleges
- Eligibility & Documentation
- COST OF LIVING
The United Kingdom is twice the size of New York State. England, in the southeast part of the British Isles, is separated from Scotland on the north by the granite Cheviot Hills; from them the Pennine chain of uplands extends south through the center of England, reaching its highest point in the Lake District in the northwest. To the west along the border of Wales-a land of steep hills and valleys-are the Cambrian Mountains, while the Cotswolds, a range of hills in Gloucestershire, extend into the surrounding shires. Important rivers flowing into the North Sea are the Thames, Humber, Tees, and Tyne. In the west are the Severn and Wye, which empty into the Bristol Channel and are navigable, as are the Mersey and Ribble.
SIGNIFICANT INFO IN BRIEF
The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy, with a queen and a Parliament that has two houses: the House of Lords, with 574 life peers, 92 hereditary peers, and 26 bishops; and the House of Commons, which has 651 popularly elected members.
Capital and largest city (2003 est.):
London, 11,219,000 (metro. area), 7,417,700 (city proper)
English, Welsh, Scots Gaelic.
Anglican and Roman Catholic 40 million, Muslim 1.5 million, Presbyterian 800,000, Methodist 760,000, Sikh 500,000, Hindu 500,000, Jewish 350,000.
Part Time Work Entitlement
|Type of Institute / level of course||Post Graduate Course||Undergarduate Degree||Below UG degree level i.e.Diploma||Dependant|
|Universities with Highly trusted Status||Can work 20 hours during study time and full time during vacation||Can work 20 hours during study time and full time during vacation||Can work 10 hours during study time and full time during vacation||Allowed for course more than 12 months with NQF Level 7|
|Publicly Funded colleges of Further Higher Education||Can work 10 hours during study time and full time during vacation||can work 10 hours during study time and full time during vacation||can work 10 hours during study time and full time during vacation||Allowed for course more than 12 months with NQF Level 7|
|Private Funded colleges of Further Higher Education with are Highly Trusted||Can not work Part time.||Can not work Part time.||Can not work Part time.||Can not work Part time.|
|Private Colleges A rated and B rated||Can not recruit students now.||Can not recruit students now.||Can not work Part time.||Dependants Not Allowed|
- Attracting different nationalities.
- Vast experience of hundred’s of years.
- Value for money.
- Shorter & more intensive courses.
- Popular destination for Indian students.
- More than 150 Universities to choose from.
- Offer broad spectrum of subjects.
- Easy Admission & Visa Procedure.
- Only IELTS or TOEFL or PTE Required / Without IELTS also admission possible.
- Intakes in Sept & Jan (Also May & Nov in some Universities).
- World class qualification
- Bill Clinton ( former President of USA)
- Imran Khan ( cricket legend & politician)
- Large areas of Specialization
- 20 hours per week part time job during studies for degree courses.
- 10 hours per week part time job during studies for diploma courses.
- Large areas of Specialization
- Full time job during holidays.
- Scholarships and Bursaries.
- Free Health care by NHS.
- Student discount facilities.
- Flexible programs.
- 2000 courses to choose from. So a wide range of courses are provided in each and every field.
- Courses with paid internship available.
- Courses are updated annually.
- The biggest advantage of UK education is in comparison to other educational destinations world wide, UK provides shorter durations programs.
- Undergraduate – 3 years and 4 years in Scotland.
- Postgraduate – 1 year
UNIVERSITIES WE PROMOTE
- Anglia Ruskin University
- The Robert Gorden University
- Birmingham University
- University of Derby
- London South Bank Universityty
- University of Lincoln
- University of Stirling
- Roehampton University
- Newcastle University
- University of Essex
- University of Wolverhempton
- University of Portsmouth
- Aberystwyth University
- Bournemouth University
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- University of Surrey
- University of Sunderland
- Swansea University
- University of Bradford
- University of Salford
- University of West London
- University of Chester
- Coventry University
- University of Gloucestershire
- University of Teesside
- University of Wales Newport
- University of Wales Institute CARDIFF
- University of East Anglia
- Northumbria University
- Brunel University
- City University London
- University of Glasgow
- University of Exeter
- The University of Cumbria
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Glamorgan
- University of Brighton
- Edinnburgh International College
- International College at Robert Gordon University
- International College Portsmouth
- International College Wales Swansea
- West London College
- AYR College Scotland)
- Glasgow School of Art
- European Business School London
- Bellerby’s College
- Ethames Graduate School
- University Campus Suffolk
- STOW College
- Heriot-Wott University
- University of Starathclyde
- University of leicester
- EdinburghNapier University
- University of Dundee
- Middlesex University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Covering Letter.
- Correct application form.
- A Statement of purpose.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation & Work Experience if any.
- IELTS or TOEFL Score Card.
- Duly attested Degree Certificate & all the Mark sheets of Bachelors .
- Duly attested Passing Certificates & Mark sheets of 12th STD or Intermediate & 10th STD..
- If the 10th or 12th Mark sheet contains only the subject codes, Subject key should be mentioned.
- Copy of Passport (1st & last page) .
CHECK-LIST FOR APPLICATION FOR MBA
- Kindly very carefully go through the work experience certificate to see that it covers in detail your job responsibilities, you should have worked for at least 2 years at the Managerial or Supervisory Level.
- Some traditional Universities & AMBA accredited Universities require 3-5 years of Post-Degree Work Experience.
- Detailed C.V. required.
- Statement Of Purpose elaborating Work Experience required.
COST OF LIVING IN UK
Home to some of the most prominent and oldest universities such as Cambridge and Imperial College London, UK is one of the most sought after study destinations for students wishing to explore careers in management, law and social studies. Managing expenses to study in UK is not an easy task. Even if you get the scholarship to fund your tuition fee, studying in UK is an expensive matter. Student who choose to live outside university campus are being specific when it comes to choose the living area and food. It is being noticed that students are choosing less expensive cities like Belfast considering other factors such as safety other than going for a cosmopolitan city like London. Average weekly expenses in Belfast are approximately $121.81 USD. On the other hand in London, a student should have a weekly budget of $1921.72 USD approximately. London, Belfast, Manchester are few of the best student cities in the United Kingdom.
Here are the approximate living expenses for international students in UK –
- Rent – £50-£80
- Food – £25-£30
- Utility – £25-£30.5
- Transportation – £10
Of course this list is not comprehensive, but will give you a starting point to work out what things will cost and the cost of living for the UK.